GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Please note that individual contests may have additional or updated rules.
1. No purchase or cash transaction necessary to enter contest.
2. Each contest is sponsored by WGJK-AM/WGJK-FM (“The Jock”) and jointly sponsored by any entities providing prizes or entries (individually or collectively “Sponsor(s)”).
3. Void where prohibited by federal, State of GA, or local laws. Participants must be a legal state of Georgia resident 18 years of age or older to participate in all contests on The Jock unless specified otherwise. If contest is open to minors a parent or guardian of the participant must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. The Jock, by law, cannot collect information over the internet from anyone under the age of 13 years old. If someone under the age of 13 years old wishes to enter a contest, a parent or guardian must fill out the entry form. The minimum age limit may be higher for certain contests in order to comply with applicable local, state and federal laws.
4. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.
5. All entry information, whether on-air or on www.995thejock.com, must be accurate and complete. Incomplete entries will be immediately disqualified. It is not the responsibility of The Jock to contact the Participants to verify or complete an entry.
6. Only one (1) prize per household during any (2) two calendar month period is permitted across all stations owned or operated by Rome Radio Partners, LLC, including WTSH-FM (South 107), WQTU-FM (Q102), WSRM-FM (Southern 93.5), WRBF-FM (104.9 The Rebel), WGJK-AM/FM (The Jock), and WRGA-AM/FM. If the prize is valued at $500 or more, persons from the winning household are ineligible to participate in any contest within one year (365 days) of winning.
7. Only one (1) prize per household per promotion, contest, or concert/event is permitted across all stations owned or operated by Rome Radio Partners, LLC, including WTSH-FM (South 107), WQTU-FM (Q102), WSRM-FM (Southern 93.5), WRBF-FM (104.9 The Rebel), WGJK-AM/FM (The Jock), and WRGA-AM.
8. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes, which may be payable due to receipt of prize.
9. All phone calls are subject to be recorded and played back on-air.
10. Participants may not use sophisticated telephone or computer equipment to win the contest. Winners who are found to have used such equipment will be disqualified.
11. The Jock reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. All prize award decisions are final. The decisions of The Jock management are final. The Jock may change rules at any time during contest.
12. By participating in a contest that requires consumer created materials to be submitted, including but not limited to photographs, videos, audio, stories, essays, participants agree that (i) the materials is not indecent, vulgar, or offensive against generally accepted standards of propriety or good taste; (ii) the submitted material will not place The Jock or any sponsors under any obligation; (iii) The Jock has the right to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to the participant; (iv) they are the owner and the producer of the material or have explicit written consent (which can be provided at the request of The Jock) and that no third party ownership rights exist; and (v) you grant The Jock the rights to a non-exclusive, royalty-free, right to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media.
13. Winners will be notified by phone, email or mail. The Jock is not responsible for incomplete, illegible or out-of-service contact information. If The Jock is unable to contact the Winner after reasonable effort, The Jock has the right to disqualify the Winner and select another person from the remaining entries.
14. Participation in the voting portion of any contest is limited to one vote per person per email address unless otherwise stated. The Jock reserves the right to disqualify any participant/entrant if they receive multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or other source.
15. Winners must agree to release and hold harmless The Jock and its affiliates, agencies, advertisers, sponsors, licensees, and immediate families from claims, liabilities, or legal actions which may arise as a result of winning a prize in the contest.
16. Employees, agencies, representatives, affiliates, and immediate families of The Jock and any official contest/promotion participant, and employees of other radio stations licensed to communities in the Rome/Atlanta market of the same are not eligible.
17. Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Prizes are non-transferable. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Tickets cannot be sold under any circumstance.
18. The Jock and/or Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Where applicable, tax forms must be completed.
19. To be eligible to win, each winner will be required to sign a release giving The Jock permission to use his or her name, picture, portrait, likeness and voice, including but not limited to, any video, audio, photographic or print material which involves the winner(s) or their families for promotional use without further permission or additional compensation. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release as a condition of winning.
20. By participating in the contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that The Jock may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
21. Winners must present a photo id (driver’s license, government issued photo id, passport, etc) before prize will be distributed. All insurance costs are the responsibility of the winner.
22. Prizes must be claimed at 20 John Davenport Drive, Rome, Georgia 30161. Office hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:30pm (excluding holidays). Winners have fourteen (14) days to claim prize. Prizes will not be mailed unless approval is granted by management.
23. Prizes not claimed in 14 fourteen days will be forfeited by winner.
24. By entering, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify The Jock and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation, or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
25. The Jock is not responsible in the event of any technical difficulties with any equipment, including but not limited to, telephone equipment, ISP failures during any and all contests.
26. The Jock is not responsible for any events beyond their control (acts of God, cancelled concert, artist or performer non-appearance, etc).
27. Contest rules may vary with individual contests. All decisions of The Jock are final. By participating in any contest on The Jock, constitutes acknowledgement by you to abide by all contest rules stated of the decisions of The Jock. Failure to follow these rules, additional contest rules, or winning by fraudulent means are immediate grounds for disqualification.
28. For a list of prizewinners for any particular contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Contest Winners” ATTN:( INSERT NAME OF CONTEST HERE), The Jock Promotions, 20 John Davenport Drive, Rome, Georgia 30161.
29. The Jock may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned or operated by Rome Radio Partners, LLC, and may add or remove participating stations or change call letters at any time during a contest as announced by the affected station. For a list of stations for each individual contest, please visit the offices of The Jock during normal business hours.
30. By participating in any contest, the entrant agrees to accept the decision of The Jock as final with regard to the awarding of the prizes, the selection of winners, and the interpretation of these rules. The Jock may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
31. Prize winners who violate any of these rules may be banned from winning future contests.